Service Technician – Mobility Equipment
Service Technician – Mobility Equipment
Broadmeadow, Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter NSW
Technicians (Trades & Services)
Independent Mobility & Rehab is a leading disability, mobility and rehabilitation equipment supplier in the Newcastle, Central Coast, Hunter Valley area and is looking for a full time Service Technician with mechanical aptitude to join its NDIS accredited business.
The successful candidate will operate from our Broadmeadow location, 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, (8:30am to 4:30pm) and be required to use their mechanical ability, interpersonal and problem-solving skills to:
- Service, repair and maintain disability, mobility & rehabilitation equipment
- Work closely with our clients, service technicians and administration staff to determine work priorities
- Deal sensitively, patiently and professionally with our customers
Independent Mobility & Rehab is a growing business with a passion to deliver outstanding services to their customers both internal and external. They are seeking a dynamic individual who is looking for a rewarding future in the mobility equipment industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, service, and repair disability, mobility and rehabilitation equipment as per manufacturer’s guidelines
- Deliver and install disability, mobility and rehabilitation equipment within a timely manner
- Maintain accurate records of deliveries, services and maintenance to client’s equipment
- Instruct clients on the correct use of disability, mobility & rehabilitation equipment
- Cleaning and storage of equipment upon return to the workshop
- Work effectively with co-workers to deliver excellent customer service
- Wear company uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hi-viz vest, protective eye wear, work boots, masks and gloves (when required)
- Maintain your company vehicle and ensure it is stocked with parts and consumables
- Undertake compliance with relevant Work, Health & Safety procedures
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated working knowledge and/or previous experience with mechanical and/or electronic equipment
- Forklift licence preferred, but not essential
- Basic knowledge of MS Office required (on the job training will be provided for customised computer-based systems and apps)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal form to facilitate duties
- Highly motivated and organised individual who has the ability to work within a team and independently
- A friendly personality with a desire to listen, understand and assist with client’s needs
- Able to follow procedures and execute sequenced work instructions either from written and/or verbal communications
- Hold a current New South Wales Driver’s licence and have an excellent driving record
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (3 doses)
- Willingness to undergo a National Police check, Working With Children Check and NDIS Worker Check
Job Benefits and Perks:
- Salary package includes use of a company vehicle, tablet and mobile phone
- Provision of subsidised education and/or training in the relevant field
- Offering job security with a permanent role and immediate start available
- Be valued and rewarded in a family owned and operated business
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing business. If you are thirsty for knowledge and challenges and want to quickly develop new skills to expand your career, apply today.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Have you worked in a role which requires fault finding experience?