Service Technician/Workshop Coordinator (Mobility/Rehabilitation Equipment)
Permanent Part-Time (24 hours per week)
About the Business & the Role
Independent Mobility & Rehab is a leading mobility and rehabilitation equipment supplier in the Newcastle, Central Coast, Hunter Valley area and is looking for a mature aged Service Technician/Workshop Coordinator with mechanical aptitude to join its Award Winning Business.
The successful candidate will operate from our Broadmeadow location, 3 days per week (8.00am to 4.30pm) with the prospect of progressing to full time employment. The newly created position of service technican/workshop coordinator will be required to use their mechanical ability, workshop and warehousing organisation skills and interpersonal skills to:
- Work closely with our service technicians and administration staff to determine work priorities
- Organise and maintain the workshop and warehouse equipment
- Service, repair and maintain mobility/rehabilitation equipment and daily living aids
- Deal sensitively, patiently and professionally with our customers
Independent Mobility & Rehab is a growing business with a passion to deliver outstanding services to their customers both internal and external. They are seeking a dynamic individual who is looking for a rewarding future in the mobility equipment industry.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Receive, dispatch, load and unload mobility/rehabilitation equipment using forklift (if appropriate)
- Assemble, service, repair and display mobility/rehabilitation equipment and daily living aids
- Work effectively with co-workers to deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure the warehouse is clean and tidy at all time (parts and equipment properly labelled, stored and adequately stocked)
- Conduct yearly stock takes, maintain asset list and associated paper work
- Undertake compliance with relevant Work, Health and Safety procedures
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge and/or previous experience with mechanical and/or electronic equipment
- Forklift licence preferred, but not essential
- Basic knowledge of MS Office required (on the job training will be provided)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in both written and/or verbal form to facilitate duties
- Highly motivated and organised individual who has the ability to work within a team and independently
- A team player who exhibits a high level of integrity and professionalism in all situations
- Able to follow procedures and execute sequenced work instructions either from written and/or verbal communications
- Hold a current New South Wales Driver’s licence and have an excellent driving record
- Wear company uniform and personal protection equipment (fluro vest, protective eye wear, workboots etc)
- Salary package includes use of a company motor vehicle and mobile phone
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference JOB APPLICATION and your NAME in the subject heading.
In addition to your resume please add a cover letter outlining the following:
- What interests you about this role?
- What specific experience/skills do you bring to this role?
- Do you have any relevant qualifications?
- Do you have a current Australian Driver’s Licence?
- Are you willing to undergo a National Police Check and Working With Children Check?
- What is your current employment situation and when would you be able to commence employment with Independent Mobility & Rehab?
If you have any further enquiries in regards to the position advertised please contact Betty on
02 4952 2264 or 0413 063 465.