Every single step becomes an obstacle when an illness or handicap stops you climbing the stairs on your own: at home, at the surgery, in public buildings or when visiting family and friends. The mobile stair climber from Alber removes the obstacles from your path.
Two electrically driven pairs of wheels continually climb one step after the next – upwards and onwards. This is ensured by a gentle yet reliable climbing mechanism – patented by Alber. When descending the stairs, four safety brakes stop Scalamobil automatically at the edge of each step. The carer selects the direction and speed. When scaling the stairs, the carer only has to keep the stair climber in balance.
- Fits most common manual wheelchair models
- Allows you to stay seated in your wheelchair to climb the stairs
- Compact and portable
- Able to cope with narrow and spiral staircases
- Functions on any floor covering
- No damage to stairs or floor covering
- ErgoBalance grips for safe operation with minimal exertion
- Climbs up to 300 steps with a single battery charge
- Integrated safety sensors
- Range: Up to 300 steps on a single battery charge
- Product Drive Unit Weight: 17.4 kg
- Weight of Battery Pack: less than 3 kg
- Maximum User Weight: 140kg